Keep your child engaged while making learning time into fun time. At S2STEM, we offer fun daily activities that challenge kids to reach their full potential.
We start all students in a track depending on their age and prior experience with STEM. We would be happy to perform an initial assessment and recommend an appropriate track. In each session, students receive classroom education and personal coaching while working through the topics they learn from our experienced instructors. We provide all the technology and materials needed for each session.
Our programs run all year long, building skills in 2-3 different areas. Students have an option to enroll in individual program that lasts 12-16 weeks but we strongly recommend in year long continuous education to ensure they not only retain the knowledge, but also are able app.
Refer to Program Schedule for current schedule.
Whiz Kids (Ages 7-9)
Whizkids programs are best suited for children who are new to computer science with little/no prior STEM knowledge. Students can pick one of the 2 programs based on their interest. Classes are weekly once, each class 90 minutes. Each child works through the following programs:
Program 1: Introduction to Computers and Programming Fundamentals (36 weeks)
Want to expose your child to STEM and get their foundations strong? This is the right program for you.
Students will learn the fundamentals of Computers and Computer Science, using the basic applications like Docs, Sheets, Sites, Email, etc..Students will then progress to programming fundamentals where they learn concepts like debugging, conditionals and loops using blockly as part of Level 1. Level 2 takes their coding skills to the next level, by introducing concepts like functions, variables, and events. At the end of each program students apply their learning by developing a project idea using design thinking process.
- Computer Fundamentals (12 Weeks)
- Programming Foundations — Level 1 (12 Weeks)
- Programming Foundations — Level 2 (12 Weeks)
Program 2: Website Design, Game Development & Animation, Interactive Robotics
Not sure what your child may like? Or Want to experiment with various disciplines and see where their strengths are? This is the right program for you.
This program helps assess children’s strengths and interests so they can advance in that specific discipline next - Creative Coder, Video Game Development and Robotics..options are endless in future!
- Website Design (12 weeks) : In this program we introduce students ‘The world of Internet’, how it evolved, how people communicate across the globe using the internet through social media, blogs etc and how internet became part of our day to day life to fulfill various needs. Students also learn safety and security of their personal information while using the internet and apply their learning to create a web-site of their own using an idea or to solve a problem or to support a cause.
- Game Design, Animation & introduction to Virtual Reality (12 weeks) : Students will learn the foundations of programming, animation and game design skills using a highly engaging visual programming interface - Scratch. They will create several animated stories, design and code their own games using drag-and-drop programming.
- Interactive Robotics ( 12 weeks) : The program will cover the fundamentals of Robotics, Laws of Robotics and coding solutions for real-world challenges with Robots like Ozobot, Dash and Dot using Blockly.
Explorers (Ages 10-12)
The Explorers programs are designed for children ages 10 to 12. Students can pick one of the 3 programs based on their interest and prior experience. Classes are held every week for 90-minute. Each child works through the following programs:
Program 1: Programming Fundamentals, Interactive & Responsive Web Design (36 weeks)
As the world becomes more globalized, becoming skilled in the field of technology is a requirement for success in the increasingly-competitive workforce.
- Programming Fundamentals Fast Track (12 weeks)
- Responsive Website Development - HTML5 & CSS3 (12 weeks)
Program 2 : Mobile App Development (32 weeks)
This is a perfect program to convert your child ideas into inventions using mobile apps! Students will learn the basics of app development, and will build an android based mobile app for one of their ideas using MIT App Inventor. Later they will expand their mobile app development skills on iOS platform(Apple Smart Devices)
- Android App Development with MIT App Inventor (16 Weeks)
- iOS Development with Swift (16 Weeks)
Program 3 : Interactive Electronics with Arduino (32 weeks)
Microprocessors have revolutionized every aspect of 21st century. Students will take a deeper look inside a Computer, integrate software and Electrical components and will build digital interactive devices that can sense and control objects in the physical and digital world using Arduino Microcontroller.Later they will move to building more advanced arduino projects like Tiny Weather Display System, Fingerprint Scanner to Your Garage Door Opener,Robotic arm etc.
- Introduction Arduino (16 weeks)
- Advanced Arduino Projects (16 weeks)
Discoverers (Ages 13+)
Discoverers programs is ideal for students who have graduated the Explorers track or have prior programming experience. Students can pick one of the 2 programs based on their interest and prior experience. Classes are held every week for 90-minute. Each teen works through the following programs:
Program 1: Java and Object Oriented Programming
Why Java? It's the most commonly used programming language in the world.It's a good precursor to learning other programming languages. It’s stepping stone for your child’s undergrad and computer science career.
Students will learn core java and object oriented programming concepts and later learn more advanced OOP concepts like inheritance and polymorphism. They will understand stand concepts of database and how to integrate java with a relational database.
- Introduction to Core Java & OOP (16 weeks)
- Advanced Java & Database Integration (16 weeks)
Program 2: Game Development with Unity
Convert your child’s video gaming obsession into their own game creation through this program. Students will learn how to create & code games using one of the most popular game engines Unity. Unity gives the ability to create games in both 2D and 3D using Microsoft's C# with Visual Studio. Students will learn the game design process and how to create a game environment using 2D & 3D models. Genres include Arcade, Racing, Puzzle, Action - Adventure.
- 2D Game Development (16 Weeks)
- 3D Game Development & Animation ( 16 Weeks)
Students can take Garnet Valley School Bus transportation to directly come to our center.