S2STEM is seeking a Preschool Teacher to join our organization to support our early childhood enrichment program – STEMunchkins!
As part of the role, you will plan and teach age-appropriate hands-on STEM activities in Science, Technology, Math and Engineering for children ages 3-6years at daycares and other educational centers we partner with. You will closely work with the center director and other members of the team to plan and execute the sessions, get feedback and incorporate them into the program and teaching approach.
- Engage preschool-aged children in activities designed to promote intellectual and creative growth
- Prepare all necessary materials needed for activities ahead
- Create a fun and safe learning environment
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with students, parents, and our partners
- Communicate with parents regularly
- Previous experience working with children of ages 3-6 in childcare or other related fields
- Ability to build rapport with children
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Well-organized and committed
- Fun, creative and energetic
- Comfortable to learn new STEM skills and teaching techniques (S2STEM will provide guidance and necessary training for the first 3 months)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Early Childhood Education degree/certification is a plus