S2STEM is seeking a “Summer Camp Teacher” to conduct STEM camps for ages 6-16 years as part of our summer programs. Click here to learn more about the wide range of camps we offer every year.
If you are an elementary/middle school teacher or a technologist looking for a summer job, this is a perfect opportunity for you.
Ideal candidates for this role will have good teaching experience in one or more STEM subjects (Technology, Engineering or Science). You should be available on select weeks between June and August, Monday-Friday 9 am to 3 pm EST.
- Conduct STEM Summer Camps for kids ages 6-16 years
- Prepare/refine camp facilitation slides, afternoon STEM projects
- Plan and coordinate end of week demos to parents
- Create a fun and safe learning environment
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with students and parents
- Previous experience teaching STEM subjects to elementary/middle school students e.g. Coding, Robotics, Engineering or Science
- Can inspire and curate problem-solving and self-discovery in kids
- Comfortable learning new tools and technologies
- Well-organized and committed
- Fun, Creative and energetic
- Strong moral values and discipline
- A college degree in Engineering or Computer Science is a plus